Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Weekend Fun

Hope everyone had a fabulous Labor Day weekend with family and friends! Jeff and I sure had a busy yet fun holiday weekend with boating on the lake for Jeff's dad's birthday and my friend Luke's wedding! Let's recap the weekend's festivities with some memories captured on camera by yours truly :)

Happy 53rd Birthday Steve!
Saturday, August 31st was Jeff's dad's birthday and what other way to celebrate than a boating day out on good ole' Lake Decatur! It was definitely a hot scorcher of a day but we all had a blast singing songs, getting a tan (or burn in my case), and enjoying one another's company. Even Jeff's brother Ryan's dog joined us for the day, Wrigley (as seen in the pic above). I am so lucky to have married into such a kind, down to earth, fun loving family like the Neisslies. I look forward to our next family gathering :)
Lovin' the lake!
Me, Chris (Jeff's mom), & Allie 
Neisslie Family
Jeff & I enjoying our boating day!
Sunday, September 1st- Jeff and I attended my long time friend from school Luke Hockaday's wedding. It was a beautiful, hot day for an outdoor wedding but even the heat couldn't get in the way of this wonderful couples big day :) The bride, Tessa, was absolutely stunning as she came in on a horse and carriage. The ceremony was lovely and the reception was so much fun with a live band providing entertainment for the guests to get down on the dance floor. Fellow blogger and friend, Bekah Bruce @ The Bruce Brood was my wonderful dance partner for the evening while our husbands chatted (away from the dance floor). It's safe to say we burned a lot of calories that night with non stop dancing! Congratulations again to a great couple, Luke & Tessa Hockaday, wishing you both many years of happiness together :)
Here comes the bride
Beautiful Couple
You may kiss the bride
Cut the cake!
Me & my date :) 
There you have it, my last weekend of the summer, I'm so ready for fall!! Now let's hope this short work week goes by quickly, so I can start my girls weekend in Chicago with all my favs :)

Quote I'm loving...
"I'm gonna make the rest of my life, the best of my life"

XOXO, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment