Thursday, September 5, 2013

Big Changes, Coming Soon...


I have never been one to like change. If I had it my way, I would love to have everything stay the same but without change progress isn't possible. Jeff and I are about to experience some major changes in our life and with the support of one another we will start a new adventure together!

Jeff has been offered a promotion with the company he works for, ADM. This promotions also requires a transfer and together we will be moving to...(drum roll please) Indiana! When I received this news from Jeff, I felt all these emotions in one- excited, nervous, and scared! How can I leave my job? Where will we live? Can I find a new teaching job? All these questions came flooding to my mind as I realized change is coming ready or not. I am so very proud of my husband for getting offered this new position in Frankfort, IN but it is going to be hard leaving my family, friends, and job here in Illinois. Thankfully, it is only about 2 hours and 15 minutes away from home so we can still be able to visit often on the weekends/holidays. Even though Jeff will be starting his new job at the plant in a couple of weeks, I will stay teaching at my school until December (because I just couldn't leave the staff and students that quick). Then at the start of the new year, I will begin to look for a new job hopefully in the education field. Living apart during the week won't be ideal but Jeff and I did long distance all through college and it only made us stronger as a couple, so no worries about that. As the news has settled in, I am starting to get more excited as I think about all the fun new things we will experience together, all the firsts in a new city, meeting new friends, and creating a new home for our family! With change there is growth and I hope to grow in this next chapter of our life, not only as an individual but as a married couple.

If I have any blog friends out there that live in Indiana, please comment and share any helpful information about good cities to live in or places to go! We are currently looking into Lafayette, Lebanon, & suburbs of Indy. Thanks in advance :)

XOXO, SARA

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sara! I so needed to read this tonight!! Your positive outlook is encouraging! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you and Jeff in this next chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I told myself I need to stay positive or else the stress would get to me for sure. Hope you and the family are getting settled in to your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara,
    I just happened to "stalk" your blog today and noticed you are moving to Indiana! You will love it! We are in Noblesville (north side of Indy) and really enjoy it. Lebanon is great too, we drive through on our way back to Maroa/Decatur and have friends who used to live there.
    Let me know if I can be of any help with info. :)
    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete