Monday, August 19, 2013

Back 2 School


Greetings blog world! Sorry I have been MIA for a little while.. decided to take a short break from blogging to relax and enjoy my last week before school started. Where did the summer go?? For those of you that didn't know, I am an elementary media teacher at DeLand Weldon Schools in Weldon, Illinois. What does a media teacher do you might ask?! Well, I teach library & computer classes to Pre-K through 6th grade. This will be my 3rd year teaching and man, it has gone by fast! I absolutely LOVE my job. I work with such an amazing staff along with a new principal this year that is already proactive & passionate about the school. I honestly enjoy coming to school everyday, ready to teach & inspire my students. I am currently in the works of getting my classrooms ready {pictures to come}. Tomorrow starts the first full day of school and I am super excited to see all the kids :) :) :)

Quick Weekend Recap
Switching gears a little bit, but I wanted to share some pictures from our trip to Chicago! Jeff and I went to the Cubs/Cards game at Wrigley Field in Chicago on Friday afternoon. We had such a great time at the game and made sure to enjoy lots of ballpark beers and hot dogs, oh and you can't forget peanuts! Once the game was over, a huge win by the Cubbies- 7 to 0, we went to The Cubby Bear for a victory drink before dinner. After a short lived dance party (Jeff wasn't having it haha) we went to Rockit Burger Bar restaurant where they have the BEST burgers ever! My favorite burger is with a pretzel bun, yummy!  Jeff and I were both stuffed after our meal, so we headed back to the hotel and watched some TV then went to sleep, yep right around 10:00PM (wow, we are old!). Always a blast in the windy city!
Go Cubs Go!
Candid taken by the hubby of my sweet dance moves

Hope everyone has a pleasant week and enjoys these last few weeks of summer before FALL arrives :) 

XOXO, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment